ExB Search Widget not behaving.

Jump to solution
01-14-2024 07:52 PM
Labels (1)
AbdulRaufs
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am facing a strange issue here with AGOL ExB search Widget. It is not showing the suggestions when something is typed and only get message "no results found......."

AbdulRaufs_0-1705290416052.png

But when you hit enter after typing full field value, Result Panel does not show unique values. 

AbdulRaufs_1-1705290579073.png

Layer connected to ExB is publicly shared from Portal.

Any hints to solve the issue is appreciated.

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

This appears to be a service issue. The query is not supported by the portal layer when both the Geometry Filter (Map - Extent Changes - Filter data records) and Distinction (search suggestion) are applied to the service.

ShengdiZhang_0-1705385802561.png

This is a known support issue and you can follow issue BUG-000140112.

Regards,

Shengdi

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AbdulRaufs 

Is there a sample app I can take a look at?

Shengdi

0 Kudos
bradbrewer1
New Contributor

I am having a similar issue. If i want to search for 401 W Washington St and i type in the search bar 401 W Wash, no suggestions. I've tried typing the full address and still no suggested search results. When i hit search it still finds the address but I know alot of people rely on those suggested searches. I don't want to publish my maps to the public with the search function not working. 

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Here is a similar post https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/full-text-search-index-on-hosted-f...

We plan to include a fix in the next release.

Shengdi

AbdulRaufs
New Contributor II

Hi @ShengdiZhang,

This is the ExB which has its layers published in AGOL, where the ExB search function working fine.Urban Tree Map_V1 - Overview (arcgis.com)

Now i am replicating this ExB and directing it to our portal layers but search function is not giving the same functionality. Urban Tree Map_V3 - Overview (arcgis.com).

Regards,

Abdul.

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

This appears to be a service issue. The query is not supported by the portal layer when both the Geometry Filter (Map - Extent Changes - Filter data records) and Distinction (search suggestion) are applied to the service.

ShengdiZhang_0-1705385802561.png

This is a known support issue and you can follow issue BUG-000140112.

Regards,

Shengdi

AbdulRaufs
New Contributor II

Thanks for the update. Looking forward for the resolution of this bug.

Regards,

Abdul.

0 Kudos