Exclude Layers from Print Widget Legend

10-26-2023 11:47 AM
Labels (1)
CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way in Experience Builder to exclude specific layers from the exported legend? I have turned off appearing in the legend toggle in MapViewer for certain layers, but when I export using the print widget those layers still appear unless they are turned off. I need these layers to be visible as they are reference layers (roads, municipal boundaries, etc.). I thought toggling in MapViewer to have these not appear in the legend would work but it only excludes them from the actual legend widget that you can use and not the print widget legend when exporting a map.

I also would like to know more about customization options for the print widget and how much I can customize what the final exported layout looks like.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AngelaSchirck
Occasional Contributor II

I turned my show legend off in map viewer and the legends for those layers don't show in EB print results.

AngelaSchirck_0-1698349495600.png

AngelaSchirck_1-1698349664356.png

0 Kudos
CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

I did the exact same thing and the layers still appeared in my legend. It's been a few weeks since I've visited the application so maybe it's been fixed in an update now

0 Kudos
AngelaSchirck
Occasional Contributor II

Also, for customization, do you mean the look of the map and what appears? Because that depends on the print service you're using.  You could make a custom print service to format the map how you wish, but if you use the built-in print service you get a map similar to my picture above.

0 Kudos
CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

Yes the look of the map, like I would want to add an inset map, our organization's logo, disclaimer text, etc. This can be done by making a custom print service? I'll have to look into that, thanks

0 Kudos