Experience Builder and Survey123 Feature Reports

09-19-2023 10:06 AM
John_Hall
New Contributor II

Hello all, 

I have question that I am having a hard time answering. Say I have a map inside of experience builder and it is showing study areas. Would it be possible to pull up a survey123 feature report for a selected study area? The survey would be take out in the field of said study area describing plants, animals, and water bodies observed. 

Ideally a user would select a study area they are interested in or filter to it and then once selected the report would be shown in some fashion, either in a pane or pull up a URL to the report in the attributes. 

Sorry if this is an obvious yes or no answer,  I am new to this stuff and I am trying my best to fully understand the capabilities of experience builder and survey123. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

Would you have already generated the feature report?

If no, I am not aware of a way to have the feature report in the pop-up for the given point.  That said, you could try using a custom pop-up and format it to look like the report you're trying to show.  For instance, you can use different formatting to display the attribute title, than what the response would be.  Below is an example with made up information, where you can bold the Attribute name and un-bold the response. 

Observation Date: 09-19-2023

Point ID: M-90

Observation: This manhole is damaged

Recommendation: Replace manhole

<PHOTO ATTACHMENT>

Format in the pop-up would be something like this

Observation Date:{Date}

Point ID: {Point_id}

Observation: {Observation}

Recommendation: {Inspector_Recommendation}

<Photo Gallery>

* items in < > would be where you select how you would like to display your attachments (if applicable)

I would recommend using the sidebar layout, with the map in the primary view and a Feature Info widget in the smaller portion of the of the sidebar.  The feature info will display the pretty pop-up you format in the map viewer. 

John_Hall
New Contributor II

Megan thank you for your insight. This is not an option I have thought of and will see how it might work for us. Thank you!>

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @MeganEngel ,

Thanks for sharing here! Have you tried the Survey123 REST API for feature reports? The REST API allows you to generate a feature report through a URL. Here is the documentation: https://developers.arcgis.com/survey123/api-reference/rest/report/

Thanks,

Ruth

HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Ruth_JiatengXu , 

Would generating a report in this way use credits, in the same way as it does via the Survey123 site?

Thanks, 

Helen

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @HelenCooper ,

Yes, the Report API consumed credits in the same way as the Survey123 site does. The API also provides an endpoint to estimate the credit usage https://developers.arcgis.com/survey123/api-reference/rest/report/#estimate-credits.

Thanks,

Ruth 

HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @Ruth_JiatengXu for the help, much appreciated. 

0 Kudos