Experience Builder for public users

02-05-2024 02:03 AM
Labels (1)
RoshdKhatib
New Contributor II

How can you implement security measures to safeguard maps within Experience Builder for public users without the necessity for login credentials for my portal, while also ensuring that sensitive data is not exposed to vulnerabilities?

Please share your recommended strategies or features to maintain a secure environment for map consumption without compromising data integrity.

2 Replies
MackenzieCope
New Contributor III

Hi @RoshdKhatib 

I don't deal with too sensitive of data day to day, but I usually create a view layer from my original layers and use the views for the maps that are going into the experience. You can share a view publicly and keep the data source feature layer private. You can also make data updates to the original and it will update the views too. Other people might have more thorough or built-in ways of keeping data safe, but this has worked for us so far. You can read Esri's documentation on hosted views here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/create-hosted-views.htm

RoshdKhatib
New Contributor II

Thanks for sharing your approach to handling data security in your maps. The use of views and leveraging the public sharing feature while keeping the data source layer private is indeed a practical method.

In my previous workflows, I've used to securing maps using proxies and ensuring a certain level of access control.

However, as we transition to the ArcGIS Experience Builder and the portal environment, I've noticed that the dynamics are a bit different and proxies are not applicable at the ExB level as far as I can see.

Thanks again for your input!