Experience Builder - Layers not selectable and can't add to table widget

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
RyShissler_Welland
New Contributor II

I've brought in a map from Enterprise into experience builder but I'm having issues getting the layers to work properly. All of the features render when I preview the experience, however some of the layers are not selectable. i.e. the features show up but I can't us the selection tool on them. These same layers are causing issues with the table widget — when I go to select data for a new sheet they don't appear in the drop down. In fact, whole groups don't appear.

Are there limitations on what types of layers / groups experience builder can handle?

For instance, the Infrastructure group has subgroups and many layers in it. But only a couple show up to add to the table widget.

RyShissler_Welland_0-1715260830978.pngRyShissler_Welland_1-1715260877781.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Now that you mention it, I think their was a bug that prevented finding layers within Group Layers. I believe this has already been fixed in ArcGIS Online, so it should also be fixed with the next Enterprise update. (Coming soon.) 

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

There are many different types of layers but two of the big categories are Map Image Layers and Feature Layers. Both will display fine in Experience Builder but for most interactivity you will need to use a Feature Layer. The easiest way to check is to go into your Enterprise and look at what kind of layer you are using.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1715262089133.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
RyShissler_Welland
New Contributor II

Thanks Jeffrey. They're all feature layers. I was able to pull in an old map that uses the same layers but didn't have them organized into groups and they layers seem to work there. Not sure what happened in the transition to the new groupings.

Works:

RyShissler_Welland_1-1715265569985.png

Doesn't work:

RyShissler_Welland_0-1715265462409.png

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Now that you mention it, I think their was a bug that prevented finding layers within Group Layers. I believe this has already been fixed in ArcGIS Online, so it should also be fixed with the next Enterprise update. (Coming soon.) 

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
RyShissler_Welland
New Contributor II

Well isn't that something. Thanks, that seems to be the issue. Looked into it and it seems we're using 10.9.1, so definitely out of date.

0 Kudos
Alison_Mynsberge
New Contributor II

We just ran into this (trying to configure a query widget).  My first question was "are these grouped layers, because Esri never properly regression tests against grouped layers" and low and behold we tracked down this post.  A decade later and the same problems; at least it's predictable - but sure wish it were reliable, too.

0 Kudos
RyShissler_Welland
New Contributor II

The Client: We want layers organized into groups so we can find things easier. We also want to query the tables.

GIS Tech: Choose one.

0 Kudos