Experience Builder: Real-time data through API consumption

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
boro
by
New Contributor II

I have a client that wants to display real-time data in Experience Builder apps by calling an API periodically and processing the info into features. I know i could do this by making a standalone application, but that would be very time consuming.

Is such functionality ever coming to Experience Builder? I checked out the roadmap for 2024 but couldn't find anything about it

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

Without understanding the data and the format that its in, I think that a slightly different approach could be used.

Have you considered using a Python Notebook to pull and parse the data on a schedule and then update this in to a layer that you then use within Experience Builder? The advantage being you don't have to build and widget or wait for something like this to become available in Experience Builder. You could then use a schedule on the notebook to run it at preset times and use the map refresh settings in the web map to periodically update the data in the layer.

The data would then also be available to use in other applications outside of ExB.

0 Kudos
boro
by
New Contributor II

Hey Grant, thanks for the suggestion. But I want to poll the data on basicly every second, would such a thing be viable with Notebooks? I have little knowledge of working with Notebooks

0 Kudos