Experience Builder Search widget help with creating custom pop up

07-21-2022 11:11 AM
EmilyHildebrand
New Contributor II

Hello! I am new to experience builder, I am trying to set me search tool up too zoom too the address selected and have a pop up show information about the location, like the evacuation zone it is in and if there is a evacuation status alert. I would appreciate any help or guidance with this!

21 Replies
JonathanLee
New Contributor III

Hey @GeorgeBrown1, I believe I understand. The search tool (in the Tools section) is pretty limited so I turn that off and use the search widget instead. But I believe the issue for you may be that you are missing the search widget altoghether. This could be due to the version of Enterprise you're on (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-questions/search-widget-in-enterprise-experience-bui...) because the search widget was not available in the original version of Experience Builder. I'm using Experience Builder in AGOL so I didn't even think about this until I did some brief research.

0 Kudos
GeorgeBrown1
New Contributor III

Hey @JonathanLee , that makes complete sense; different versions! We are on Enterprise/Portal 10.9.1, using the built in free EB. After review of your link, and some more web searching yesterday, it looks like our Enterprise Dev License should allow us to install the Dev edition to get all the missing tools that the AGOL has. 

Thanks again! 

Su_C
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello! 

I wanted to inform that ENH-000150230 is included in the product plan. 

Synopsis: This enhancement aims to provide the functionality to show a pop-up when the feature or location is found for the search widget in Experience Builder.

0 Kudos
EricPescatore
Occasional Contributor

@Su_C wrote:

Hello! 

I wanted to inform that ENH-000150230 is included in the product plan. 

Synopsis: This enhancement aims to provide the functionality to show a pop-up when the feature or location is found for the search widget in Experience Builder.

I want to be clear here. Are you saying that there is no way currently to have a Pop-up when a feature is selected wtihin the Search widget? A functionality that has existed since time began on both Dashboard and WebApp Builder? 

As i read through this entire post and was simply confused as to why the user was being told to use a Feature info widget. 

AvaPatterson
New Contributor III

Even with the standard ArcGIS Locator in WAB, the search widget will show this. Is there a workaround to configure this in experience builder?

WAB Search Popup.png

0 Kudos
JonathanLee
New Contributor III

Hi @EricPescatore, based on my testing (as of today), the current behavior is that the search widget can zoom and pan and select the feature that is searched in the Search Widget but a pop-up will not activate. Yes, unfortunate, but at least it is an enhancement request.

0 Kudos
JosephRhodes2
Occasional Contributor II

FYI to all, the functionality to open a popup on search results (or from any widget-initiated selection: query, list, etc.) was included with the last AGOL update. It's a setting in the Map widget ("Show popup upon feature selection"). However, there's a bug that causes the popup to be blank if the feature service was published from Pro (instead of directly in AGOL): BUG-000162942 for ArcGIS Experience Builder (esri.com)

@EricPescatore @AvaPatterson 

jschuckert
New Contributor III

Thank you @JosephRhodes2 !! I have an open case with ESRI with lots of back and forth over the last month trying to understand why the new pop-up configuration settings work with some data (ESRI Living Atlas for example) but not my production data. In my case everything was published from Pro so now this makes sense.

To other folks on the thread, I am also blown away it has taken up until now to have this functionality available and "built in" to the new ExB product. I feel often times there is too much focus on new development and functionality where the core capabilities of a product needs to be apples to apples first, as priority one. I have found this to be the case over the years with Pro where a common and core functionality is missing for years before being added. 

EricPescatore
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Joe for the assist and pointing out that critical bug that I will need to keep track of and will ask ESRI to escalate it as well form our organization. 

The popup, there it was under the Map Widget options. I had not at all considered that was were the setting would be to define how/when pop-up interacted with the map. 

For those wondering: Now search will trigger a pop-up. use actions on the Search widget to further refine how it interacts. Again this may not answer the original question of this post but it got me past this step. Thanks Community.

Not where i expected it to be...Not where i expected it to be...

JohnPantzlaff1
New Contributor II

I see that the bug has been fixed (BUG-000162942 for ArcGIS Experience Builder (esri.com)). However, my searches still won't generate an automatic pop-up for me. I have to click on the address bar below the search bar to generate a pop-up. Can you confirm if it works for you or if this is the fix? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Screenshot Search Address.png

Screenshot Address PopUp.png

0 Kudos