Experience won't Auto Loop between Section Views

10-02-2023 01:04 PM
JonnyRogers1
New Contributor II

I have two different embedded Table Dashboards that I need to display in one Web Experience. The intent is to showcase this on a lobby TV so our team can check the table displays periodically, and have it rotate between the two table views continuously. 

* autoplay is Enabled on both with Interval (seconds) set to 10

* Loop is checked

After Saving and publishing, I can't get this to auto loop between the views. It will sometimes work when I just Live View the experience. However once I select Preview or just simply view it from AGOL Content, it only just displays one. 

Is there something else I need to enable or check to get this to work? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @JonnyRogers1 

Thanks for the feedback. This is a known issue which we have been working on. It will be fixed in the next release. Now you can make views autoplay by changing the app URL as a walkaround:

• Go to the TOC, check the names of the views in the Section widget (for example, in my app the first view name is View, the second view name is View-2)

Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 10.07.49.png
  • Save your app, go to Preview, or visit the link if it is a published item. Now the contents of the first view (View) are displayed
  • Go to your app URL and append the following:
    • ?views=View-2 (in published link)
    • &views=View-2 (in preview)
  • This will result in switching the app to View-2. Then, you can see the autoplay works as expected. 

Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 10.13.34.png

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos
JonnyRogers1
New Contributor II

I forgot to mention that it will be viewed in fullscreen mode (F11).

I tried your work around, and still not luck. SST_workaround.PNGSST_workaround2.PNG

0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Please use the names of the views in your app - the appended URL parameter in your case should be:

• ?views=GIS & Tobacco (in published link)
  • &views=GIS & Tobacco(in preview)
Shen Zhang
JonnyRogers1
New Contributor II

JonnyRogers1_0-1697038666708.png

We tried both options, and there is still no change. It refuses to autoloop between the two views.  

0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Please try the solutions below:

• Add a Views Navigation widget to the page (must be placed outside the Section widget and connect to it). When you view the app in preview or published, click the Views Nav bar to switch to any view, the loop will start working.
  • Replace spaces of your View name with hyphens when appending views parameter to the URL. If you have two views: "GIS & Tobacco" and "Analytic and Development", use ?views=GIS-&Tobacco
Shen Zhang
0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @JonnyRogers1, I'm pleased to share with you that the auto-loop issue has been resolved in the latest October release, which means you no longer need any of the workarounds above to address the issue. You can have a try, and come back to me if you have any questions, thanks!

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos