Feature Info Widget - not showing correct data based on map selection

Jump to solution
12-16-2022 01:18 PM
BethAnnWinebarger
New Contributor III

Hi there, I am working on an experience builder to feature some trails for the city I work for. I want to have a List Widget, Feature Info Widget, and Map Widget all working together through triggers (click on one, the others update accordingly). 

The Feature Info Widget is giving me a small problem though. Basically, for only a few of the trails, it is showing the wrong feature compared to the feature selected on the map or in the list. 

Example in screenshots: Click on Map 'Three Falls Trail' --> Pop-up shows 'Three Falls Trail' --> List highlights 'Three Falls Trail' --> Feature Info shows information for 'Woods Hollow Trail'

If I use the arrows to click through the Feature Info cards and arrive on 'Three Falls Trail' it will highlight the correct trail on the map and give the correct information in the Feature Info Widget. 

This isn't the only trail being impacted, but its the most consistently incorrect. 

I also have a Parks experience builder set up with the same widgets and related triggers and found the same problem arise for a few parks.  

Any thoughts on ways to troubleshoot or a work-around? Anyone having a similar issue?

Beth Ann
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BethAnnWinebarger
New Contributor III

Hi Aaron, 

Just got an update from ESRI that this bug was resolved in the June 2023 update. I have yet to test it on my own ExBs though. Link

Beth Ann

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
SaraKidd
Occasional Contributor

Beth, I am having this exact problem. When I click on the map, the correct feature is selected in my list but the incorrect info is showing in the feature info window. Like you, if I click the arrows at the top of the feature info box, then the map zooms correctly. Currently, I have a Zoom To map trigger on the List widget and the Feature Info widget, and a select data records trigger for the framework on the map. The List widget is a bit inconsistent in that sometimes when you click on the list, it shows the correct location and feature info, but sometimes it does not. I've taken all triggers off and put them back one at a time in various configurations but cannot get this resolved. 

0 Kudos
BethAnnWinebarger
New Contributor III

Hey there,

I did some troubleshooting with someone from ESRI Tech Support and narrowed down the issue. For my project at least, the Feature Info widget was not honoring the sort that I applied to the Data View. And that is what causes the 'crossed-wires' between what the List widget highlights and what the Feature Info shows. 

There is a tech support ticket submitted about the bug, but no word yet on the status of it. 

The 'work-around' we chose to use is to just not sort the trails alphabetically in the Feature Info widget (still sorted in the List widget). 

Beth Ann
0 Kudos
SaraKidd
Occasional Contributor

I think it must be the same bug. I did have a universal sort on the data so they would be in alpha order in both the list and feature info widgets. If I remove that sort, then selecting the feature on the map works fine. I then added a sort to the List widget alone, under the Tools section, rather than to the data source. That did not work and it went back to selecting the wrong record for the Feature Info. Is that the way you added the sort or is there some other method?

0 Kudos
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Beth Ann,

Do you happen to have the BUG # for that? I am running into the same issue and would like to know once it is resolved.

-Aaron
0 Kudos
BethAnnWinebarger
New Contributor III

BUG-000137318

Just checked and it's status is 'In Product Plan'

Beth Ann
BethAnnWinebarger
New Contributor III

Hi Aaron, 

Just got an update from ESRI that this bug was resolved in the June 2023 update. I have yet to test it on my own ExBs though. Link

Beth Ann
0 Kudos
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the update Beth Ann. I went to test though and it appears to still be an issue in my ExB app. Applying any sort of Sort to the data in the Feature Info widget prevents it from highlighting the correct record when its corresponding point is clicked on the map. It still highlights a different record.

-Aaron
0 Kudos
BethAnnWinebarger
New Contributor III

I used two data views. One sorted alphabetically and selected it for the List widget. The other not sorted and selected it for the Feature Info widget. 

The only reason I need the second data view (instead of leaving it as default) is because I need to filter my data (which appears to not impact the function of either widget). 

Beth Ann
SaraKidd
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much for helping me out. That worked for me as well. I can only hope the bug is resolved soon because having the Feature Info widget not in alpha order is less than ideal. But at least the map click part is working. It's more important for the List to be sorted because the viewer can see them all at once.

0 Kudos