Select to view content in your preferred language

Filter Action: filter other filters

11-09-2022 06:38 AM
Labels (2)
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I'm using the #Experience Builder Dashboard template and am attempting to replicate functionality in an existing legacy Operations Dashboard. Here are my questions:

1. I have a filter with several options to filter data by DATE. How do I set this filter to only allow a single selection?

ahargreaves_FW_0-1668004527276.png

2. I have a second filter allowing the user to further refine the data by STATUS. How do I configure an action or trigger on the first filter to restrict the choices in this second filter to only be relevant to the selection set? The first filter only appears to allow actions against the map, not other widgets...

ahargreaves_FW_0-1668005047922.png

Both of these are easily achievable in the legacy Operations Dashboard.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For the first question, this seems not to be possible in EB at the moment. In Dashboards, it would be the "predefined options" available in the date filter widget. This is available if the filter is based on a unique selection, but not necessarily a range. But it would be a good thing to have! I would post this as an Idea for future implementation.

Second item: this is possible, but it's a bit more hidden. When you configure an individual filter in your widget, you'll see it here:

jcarlson_0-1668005579230.png

This requires that all the filters are part of the same widget, however.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@ahargreaves_FW @jcarlson Yes, for the first one, we do not provide that function for now. Posting it in the Ideas channel is a great idea. We will keep a record of that and see if future enhancements are possible.

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW

Thanks @jcarlson but I can't replicate what you show above in your screenshot. My STATUS field is derived from a domain so I'm confused why...

ahargreaves_FW_0-1668012343705.png

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What version of Experience Builder are you using?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

The options @jcarlson provided in the screenshot earlier are for unique values. I assume your domain field is set as User Input - that's the difference. You can change the input source to Unique Values and you will see the options.

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW

ArcGIS Online....

0 Kudos