Filter map layer to only print the desired features in Experience Builder

03-11-2024 09:19 AM
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

@Jianxia - 

One major concern I've noticed with the ExB app is the lack of a feature to open the attribute table of a layer directly from the layers' ellipsis menu on the map app itself – those three dots next to each layer – like what's available in WAB. In WAB, users can simply click on the layers' ellipsis and select 'View in Attribute Table'. This attribute table functionality offers various options and filters for comprehensive querying and mapping. It facilitates printing a map in a major way by enabling the end user to only print features of interest and hide unnecessary features from the printout put.

This capability is especially crucial as it empowers end-users with a wide range of querying options for all layers present in the map application. Unlike ExB, where developers make assumptions about the queries clients may need and provide only pre-configured, limited options, there needs to be more flexibility. The querying process should be open, akin to WAB, allowing clients to freely choose and perform any query they desire on any available layer within the map application. This is all very fundamental for printing maps with only features of interest, as users can filter out other features to exclude from printing.

Enabling an open query option within the map application would allow clients to search, export tables, or apply filters to any layers, enhancing their experience and enabling them to create custom maps efficiently.

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Over the past couple updates, ESRI has been adding the exact features you are describing. In the current Online version, it is now possible to send any layer to a Table Widget and the Table Widget as well as several others has the Set Filter Data Action which allows for the user to create their own arbitrary filters.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1710176946954.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

I will have to check this out, @JeffreyThompson2 - Is this feature available in ArcGIS Enterprise?

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

It looks like it is available in 11.2, but not any older versions.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@JeffreyThompson2- It does not look like it is available in 11.2 either. I do not see the Set Filter and Statistics in ArcGIS Enterprise. I believe this must be brought to the attention of @Jianxia 

AbiDhakal_0-1710180689337.png

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I see filters in the documentation for the List Widget. They may not have gotten to the other widgets in 11.2, but all of this should be in 11.3 or the next version of Developer Edition, which is due out in about two weeks.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/11.2/configure-widgets/list-widget.htm

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
AbiDhakal

It is not available on the List Widget either.

AbiDhakal_0-1710182045833.png

0 Kudos