Labels Don't Adjust With Scrolling

03-27-2024 10:51 AM
Labels (1)
JohnPantzlaff1
New Contributor II

I recreated on of my organization's web app in Experience Builder. However, the road labels don't adjust when you drag the map around. So, when you are zoomed in this means the roads don't all have visible labels.

The ExB app is pulling the same map and layer as the Web AppBuilder where the labels get reprojected just fine.  

Is there a way to fix this or is it because of ExB limited functionality? 

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

A few questions:

Assuming you used a FeatureLayer, try loading it as a MapImageLayer. It will likely fix your problem.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JohnPantzlaff1
New Contributor II

I do not have the developer edition. I believe it is loaded through a webmap and it is a FeatureLayer. However, it looks like a MapImageLayer is only available with Enterprise which I do not have.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I did not know about that limitation of ArcGIS Online. The main difference between a Feature Layer and a MapImage Layer is that a MapImage Layer is rendered by the server whereas a Feature Layer is rendered by the client. The server has the processing power and speed to dynamically re-position the labels, but it is not supported on client-side rendering.

I would try starting in ArcGIS Pro and sharing your map as a web map from there. I think this should also shift the rendering server-side. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/3.1/help/sharing/overview/share-a-web-map.htm

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JohnPantzlaff1
New Contributor II

I found a work around in the AGO map where I turned on repeat labels for the road layer under label features. I am still not sure why this wasn't affecting the Web AppBuilder maps.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos