Map freezes with selected features on Android

03-02-2024 09:19 PM
Dale_Honeycutt
Occasional Contributor II

I built a dirt simple two-page app with ExpB  that works perfectly on iPhone+Chrome.  Page 1 = Map view, Page 2 = table view.  The map contains points along a calculated route, and the user can select a point and switch to the table page where the record is selected and they can edit data about the point.  Or they can select a record in the table page, switch to map view, and the map will zoom to and flash the point.  

However, on Android (both a Galaxy and Pixel) + Chrome, when a feature is selected on the map, the map goes blank, none of the navigation buttons work.  Clicking somewhere on the blank map/space will cause the map to display, but the selection is lost.  Selecting a record in the table then switching to the map has the same behavior -- the map is blank.  Clicking somewhere in the blank space will cause the map display and it's zoomed in to the record/point that was selected in the table.

Unfortunately, I can't link to the app b/c data security, but can build a non-editable version if need be.

6 Replies
kregbru4
New Contributor

I have this same exact issue. No upgrades have helped.

As a work around/temporary fix, I was able to start a boating navigation app (Navionics) that will keep the screen alive. When screen is alive, https://vshare.onl/ Google Maps will not freeze.... but this isn't a real fix. I am on a Tmobile G4... recently updated to MM

0 Kudos
QunSun
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

I can't reproduce this issue on Android. Could you create a public app (including a public web map) that reproduces this issue so we can follow up?

0 Kudos
Dale_Honeycutt

Need a few days, but will do. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Dale_Honeycutt
0 Kudos
QunSun
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi @Dale_Honeycutt , thank you for providing the sample app. I can reproduce this issue on Android. I am looking into it.

0 Kudos
Dale_Honeycutt

👍

0 Kudos