Members of a Shared-Edit group getting "Sorry, you do not have permissions to access this application"

03-01-2024 01:32 PM
DianeFoote
New Contributor III

Hi, 

We are using EB on AGOL and have an Experience that has been edittable by a group that are all in a shared-edit group.  It appears that after the update only the owner (myself) can open it to edit.  The other members of the shared-edit group recieve the "Sorry, you do not have permissions to access this application" error.  

We can create new experiences and which are edittable by other members of the group. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue now (or in the past)?

Thanks!  Diane 

6 Replies
BryanBommersbach1
New Contributor

We are having the same issue here.  All of our existing EB's that participate in shared update groups seem to only be editable by the item owner and not the members of the shared update group.  We have submitted a support ticket on this.  It seems to be an issue with ArcGIS Online and Experience Builder when participating in those specific groups.  

0 Kudos
DianeFoote
New Contributor III
Thanks Bryan. Sorry that you are seeing this issue too, but it makes me
feel better that I'm not alone. 🙂
0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@BryanBommersbach1 and @DianeFoote Thanks for letting us know. We are looking into it.

DianeFoote
New Contributor III

We need to make some edits to this dashboard so we can present it in a meeting on Thursday, so I am trying other ways to get around this.  

In case this may help you debug this issue: 

I have made a copy of the dashboard using the save as command and when I try to share it out I get this message:  

DianeFoote_0-1709651855284.png

It counts up to 818 and then just sits and eventually the Chrome window gets the "Not enough memory to open this page" message, with Error code: Out of Memory.     

0 Kudos
DianeFoote
New Contributor III

I'm not sure this will work for everyone, but it did for us.  I removed and re-added the members to the shared-edit group and that seemed to fix the issue of them not being able to edit.  (At least for one, I'm still waiting to hear from the rest of the members)

0 Kudos
DianeFoote
New Contributor III

One more thing to add, which I should have guessed would happen,   If you remove a member from the shared-edit  group and then re-add them, they will have to reshare anything they had shared with the group. 

0 Kudos