Mobile view errors after February update

02-29-2024 04:49 PM
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Experience Builder team, @Jianxia 

I am experiencing some errors for mobile views in Experience Builder. I am not sure if it's partially my device problem ... but I have a feeling that it's due to the update.

It looks like there are couple of issues in mobile UI. These are errors that I encountered so far.

1. View navigation widget does not work. It through an error message 'null is not an object'.

2. When desktop - tablet - mobile UI are set up as 'auto' with view, some content is not shown as expected in the mobile view. For example, it should be shown as 'View 2' when View 2 is selected, but somehow it shows 'View'. (I am not sure why just 'View', I have 'View 1' and 'View 2' for each view text element.

KerryKang_0-1709254377784.png

KerryKang_1-1709254400942.png

3. Custom menu icon (sandwich icon) and images are not loading on the actual mobile device (iphone 15) although it looks fine in the developer mode view. and it works when I shrink the browser to make mobile view ratio.

Hope these issues can be investigated as there are lots of products affected by these errors. Thank you.

Kerry

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@KerryKang, thanks for letting us know. We are working on it.

0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

@KerryKang Hi Kerry, thank you for your feedback. For the first issue, we are looking into it and will address it ASAP. For the second one, it looks weird to me - I'm not sure if the text is getting squeezed in mobile view and causing it to wrap into two lines. If that is the case, you can user change mobile to custom to resize your text widget:

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 11.14.23.png

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos
KerryKang

Hi Shen, 

You were right! the text box was squeezed for the mobile UI.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@KerryKang 

3. Custom menu icon (sandwich icon) and images are not loading on the actual mobile device (iphone 15) although it looks fine in the developer mode view. and it works when I shrink the browser to make mobile view ratio.

Do you have a reproducible app for us to take a look at? We cannot reproduce this one.

0 Kudos
KerryKang

Hello @TonghuiMing 

When I tested the site (with the mobile view issue) in my Safari browser, none of the menu icon and images were loaded (used both wifi and data). But when I used Chrome on the same phone, the menu icon was loaded but not images. 

The site with the issue has a complex set up. There is one site for the shell, and additional three ExB sites with multiple pages were plugged in each  page. Using section views will be too much and each page has its own theme so that's why the site was set up in this way.

If I can draw the structure, it would look like this.

KerryKang_0-1709314824851.png

I just asked my colleague to test it and it worked okay on his chrome. It must be my device thing. I will do more testing.

Thank you.

Kerry

KerryKang

Hi @TonghuiMing 

Just to update. A bunch of my client reported the same errors.. they've been accessing the site with their mobile devices previously and cannot anymore. It tells that it may not be my device problem? something needs to be done with the iOS or Chrome...?

So far, it seems working on Pixel phone but no luck with iphone 11 Pro, 13, 14, and 15.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@KerryKang Sorry to hear that. Are you talking about the same app with your screenshots in the original post? Unfortunately, I cannot tell how you arranged the menu as far as the layout is concerned, so not sure how to proceed with this. A sample and screenshot of your configurations are helpful.

If the app cannot be shared for some reason, maybe you can consider contacting the Esri support for a reproducible app for us to take a look. Thanks.

0 Kudos
KerryKang

Hi @TonghuiMing 

It's a different product. I may try to re-add the menu widget to see if that fixes. Fortunately I think this is the only ExB app I have an issue with.

Thank you for your comments and time! 

Kerry

0 Kudos