Multiple Sidebars in One App

Jump to solution
12-14-2023 11:55 AM
Labels (1)
WorcesterGTSS
New Contributor III

I am creating an Experience Builder app that includes a collapsible sidebar on the left side of the map that includes a layer list. 

I have also configured a Feature Info widget so that it returns results from a Search widget associated with the map. I would like this Feature Info widget to be in its own collapsible sidebar on the right side of the map but when I implement this, there is a dead zone (where you cannot pan/zoom/click on the map) around this second sidebar and when the sidebar is minimized, the dead zone includes the entire extent of the (maximized) sidebar.

My question is: Is there a way you can you have two sidebars in an app without having this dead zone issue? If not, is there another approach to having a collapsible window of some kind that includes the Feature Info widget?

When two sidebars are added, there is a dead map zone around the 2nd one.When two sidebars are added, there is a dead map zone around the 2nd one.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I made a bit of an error in that post where I said "First is the always open side. Second is the collapsable side." That is not actually true. The First and Second side actually change based on how the sidebar opens. 

In your stacking order, Sidebar 2 is inside the Map. The Map should be inside Sidebar 2 which should be directly under the Second label.

This is how my double sidebar application looks.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1702587444084.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-tips-and-tricks/the-sidebar-problem-or-why-can-t-i-...

Here's a post on dealing with this sidebar issue. I have thought about extending this piece to deal with the double sidebar problem, but the short version of it is you just do the trick again and stuff the first sidebar into the second sidebar.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
WorcesterGTSS
New Contributor III

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for that - it definitely helps me to understand why this is happening! However, I'm still struggling with the order the elements should be in. The second sidebar is actually nested within the first one already. Right now it is under Sidebar/Second/Map. Any advice on how they should be re-ordered? Should it be under "First" where the elements of the left sidebar are? I haven't mastered the trick to actually performing the re-order of the elements too. It seems a bit tricky. Thanks again.

EB_SidebarOrder.png

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I made a bit of an error in that post where I said "First is the always open side. Second is the collapsable side." That is not actually true. The First and Second side actually change based on how the sidebar opens. 

In your stacking order, Sidebar 2 is inside the Map. The Map should be inside Sidebar 2 which should be directly under the Second label.

This is how my double sidebar application looks.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1702587444084.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
WorcesterGTSS
New Contributor III

Great, thanks so much for the info. I'll give this a try!

0 Kudos
WorcesterGTSS
New Contributor III

This solved the issue - thanks again for your help! It's not an easy task to rearrange those elements but I managed!

0 Kudos