Near Me Tool Only Shows 20 Results

a month ago
LeviCecil
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to build a school bus locator app in EB. I'm getting search results based on school site. For instance I only want to see all the bus stops associated with Lincoln HS. This is working except I'm only able to set a maximum search result of 20. Some of our schools have dozens of stops and we need to display all of them. Is there a way to set the maximum higher than 20?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

There shouldn't be any limit on how many results are found. This search found 85 features.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1712944346691.png

It does only display the top 20 results with a button to load the next twenty. This button does not appear configurable.

The Query Widget can be configured to also do spatial queries and gives more options about how many results to display at once. It is however less user-friendly, so it may not be the best choice for a public facing application.

JeffreyThompson2_1-1712944712041.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
LeviCecil

Thanks! Can you share how you configured Near Me? I followed the steps in this blog post to search by school to see all the bus stops associated with that school.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Here are a couple more examples of setting up a Proximity search in Near Me. 

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-tips-and-tricks/building-a-public-notification-tool...

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-tips-and-tricks/using-near-me-without-looking-at-ne...

Near Me is designed to find features close to a given location. If you are trying to find features based on some kind of data attribute, you should probably be using a Filter or Query Widget instead.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
LeviCecil

Ah OK. Proximity is not what I'm looking for. I want to type in the name of a school, and see the bus stops associated with that school, regardless of where they're located. I can get that from the search widget, but it will only show the top 20, not all of them. I realized that's what was happening before, I wasn't actually using the near me widget

0 Kudos