Questions about 1.13 Dev Edition update notes.

11-20-2023 09:26 AM
MicahWilliamson
Occasional Contributor II

I'm reading the What's New post for Dev Edition 1.13 and I need someone to explain a few things to me as a non-developer.

1.  Full Text Search vs Contain for suggestions. The paragraph explains that search 'Results' will still use CONTAIN but search suggestions will be using Full Search method. Q: How will results the align with suggestions if they don't use the same search method?

2. Download. The paragraph states: "ALL Developer Edition-related file types will be included in the  web.config by default." Q: What the heck does that mean? Is Esri Bloating these apps more than they already are unnecessarily?  My App Zip file went from 15 mb to 34.

3. Draw Widget. More of a complaint. WHY STILL NO TEXT?!? Seriously. What is the reason? I want to be able to explain rather than: "Esri..."

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Junshan_Liu
Occasional Contributor

@MicahWilliamson  For the download, we just added some file types declaration in the "web.config", it's not related to the size change. For the file change, please see this post: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/number-of-files-issue/m-p/1352918#...

0 Kudos