Search Widget for Layer Source Not Working

12-05-2023 12:23 PM
JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have a search widget configured to search a layers street address field.  The widget is configured to take advantage of the full text index.  There are entries in this layer for 1 Harvest Lane and 4 Harvest Ln, for example.  If I type in '4 Harv', no results appear yet there is a 4 Harvest Ln in the data.  If I type '1 Harv' I get one result for 11 Harvest Ln, as expected, but 1 Harvest Ln does not appear in the results but, again, it is in the data.  What am I missing?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JimW 

The issue you described looks similar to an earlier post.  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/full-text-search-index-on-hosted-f...

If you would like, please share a sample application so we can test it after fixing the bug.

Regards,

Shengdi

JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

What's the best way to share?  Can I create a group and invite someone?

0 Kudos
TimWestern
New Contributor III

If you hit the three dots on the text box there is a < > icon that allows you to paste an example of code in I think that might be what is being asked for.

(my initial thoughts are, that depending on how you are selecting the search set it could be an issue with wildcards or a regex, which is why @ShengiDiZhang suggested more help would be possible if seeing the code sample that you think has this particular issue.

0 Kudos