Splash screen for mobile only?

Jump to solution
09-18-2023 10:30 AM
Labels (1)
CelinaR
New Contributor II

Hello, is it possible to make a splash screen appear only in mobile versions of my application? I have widgets in there that I'd like to provide a short explanation for, but those widgets are not in my desktop version so it's potentially confusing.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordanT
Esri Contributor

Hi Celina,

From my understanding, this is not possible as the custom device layouts only affect widgets (more on this here)

I did some testing on my end and you could have a similar version of this if you add a window that isn’t a splash screen and add a button widget that is titled something like “mobile instructions” that only shows up in the mobile layout and then have the button linked to the window that you created this will make it so that it's only accessible on the mobile layout. the only downside of this is it won't show up right away when the user opens the experienced builder. 

Desktop view 

JordanT_0-1695130695315.png

mobile view

JordanT_1-1695130805121.png

after selecting button

JordanT_2-1695130822023.png

Jordan T

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JordanT
Esri Contributor

Hi Celina,

From my understanding, this is not possible as the custom device layouts only affect widgets (more on this here)

I did some testing on my end and you could have a similar version of this if you add a window that isn’t a splash screen and add a button widget that is titled something like “mobile instructions” that only shows up in the mobile layout and then have the button linked to the window that you created this will make it so that it's only accessible on the mobile layout. the only downside of this is it won't show up right away when the user opens the experienced builder. 

Desktop view 

JordanT_0-1695130695315.png

mobile view

JordanT_1-1695130805121.png

after selecting button

JordanT_2-1695130822023.png

Jordan T
0 Kudos
CelinaR
New Contributor II

Thank you! That would work perfectly for our purposes, I'll do that.