Symbology not updating after attribute edit

06-29-2022 11:01 AM
MatthewKing
Occasional Contributor II

I have a layer with the symbology based off a certain field in the attribute table.  In EB when doing an update to that field, it should change the symbology (in this case a red point to a green point), but it ends up taking a few minutes for that to happen.  Is there the app can be configured to update the symbology/map immediately after the edit?  To make the edit go through one has to click the "update" button so you would think that should be the trigger.

Thanks!

Matt 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the post. The length of time for updating the attribute relies more on the environment, e.g. network, database. Unfortunately, we cannot control it by configuring it.

0 Kudos
MatthewKing

@TianWen thanks for the quick reply. I know that you can change the map interval in either the web map itself or EB, and that helps a bit, but like I mentioned in the original post, it seems like once you click the "update" button the map should update (especially b/c in my situation it's a hosted feature layer).  We did find a work-around, once the attribute table is updated if you zoom in or out, the symbology will change.

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

The map actually does get updated once the edit is applied, so the problem could be sth. else. I think a sample app or data would be helpful to better investigate the problem.

0 Kudos
MatthewKing

@TianWen thanks!  I'll come up with a sample app.  I would let you try the specific one I'm dealing with but it's info that I don't want public.  Is there a group that I could share this to so that you can see the issue?

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Free feel to create a group and invite me in. My account name is: wentian

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MatthewKing

@TianWen sorry I haven't replied yet.  I want to create a copy of the data b/c I don't want the original to be used for testing...and I haven't had the chance to get around to it...but it'll be soon 🙂 

0 Kudos