Unable to configure Near Me widget

09-15-2023 12:48 PM
Labels (1)
FranklinAlexander
Occasional Contributor III

I am using EXB version 1.12 and am trying to add the Near Me widget to a new application. After adding the widget and selecting the map in the widget settings, I get a message that appears in the widget:

Near Me widget.jpg

I have no idea what I am supposed to be configuring in the web map because there is no documentation that I can find on what exactly needs to be configured. I do NOT want to do any analysis, just want to find features based on a location (like the WAB version). The map only contains a single point layer hosted at ArcGIS REST services. I looked at the web map settings on the details page and don't see anything that needs to be configured. Can someone please let me know what I am missing? Thank you!

I figured it out, but I will leave this post up in case someone else has the same issue. The message is just misleading. Apparently it is just a generic message letting you know that you haven't configured anything in the Near Me Map Settings. Once I clicked the Add Analysis button and set the analysis type and distance/etc the message was gone. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

JeffreyThompson2_0-1694808103910.png

You'll need to tell Near Me what you want to find by opening the panel by clicking the spot I've highlighted in yellow.

Clicking the question mark (circled in red) will take you to the widget documentation.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
FranklinAlexander
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, I got it and I did go to the docs but the message was a little pre-mature and could be a little more specific. I thought something was wrong with the web map. 🙂  

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Franklin,

You have probably run through these steps for the Near Me, but if not, take a look. There may be a step missing in your method:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/experience-builder/natural-resources/recreating-near-me-wo...

0 Kudos