User Defined Preset Values in Editor Widget

11-28-2023 08:59 AM
Labels (1)
AliciaSabatino
New Contributor II

In the SmartEditor widget in WAB, you were able to set user defined preset values, which could come before the other field values to prevent the user from having to type in basic info each time. 

Example: 

AliciaSabatino_0-1701190432377.png

In the current edit widget in Experience builder I do not see an option for similar functionality. Has this functionality been removed or will it be added? 

AliciaSabatino_1-1701190593535.png

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AliciaSabatino , please check out this Blog post which describes how to recreate some of the Smart Editor functionality using Smart Forms for the Editor widget: From the Smart Editor to Smart Forms (esri.com)

0 Kudos
AliciaSabatino
New Contributor II

Hi Alix,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am still unsure how to allow each user to define preset values themselves. I see we can have hard-coded values and calculated values from other fields or from the map, but is it possible to accomplish what was accomplished in WAB Smart Editor above?

The users of the application (who do not have an AGOL account) will be placing several points over and over again on a map within an experience builder application and filling in other information for each point in the editor widget. It would be great if they only had to fill in their name and email one time to avoid duplicating effort on their part. Is this something I can enable with the editor widget and smart forms?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@AliciaSabatino Thanks for clarifying. Your request is similar to this one: In Experience Builder, can a hosted feature layer ... - Esri Community.

Unfortunately, this is not supported in Experience Builder yet, but you may find a workaround using Survey123 and caching answers as described here.

0 Kudos
AliciaSabatino
New Contributor II

Thank you, Do you know if this feature is planned? This is essential for apps supporting public feedback on data 

0 Kudos