Using the same layout for medium and small screen devices?

03-27-2024 04:09 AM
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

I have seen some documentation and tutorials etc. about how to make an experience look good on desktop and mobile, but it's usually just desktop/big screen and mobile/small screen.

I created my experience for large screens and then checked it out in medium screen view and I found it needed adaptation for medium screen size as well. For me it's mainly layout changes, but almost everything on my full screen page was in a sidebar widget. For large screens it is docked to the left, but for medium screen I want it to be docked to the bottom. So then I need to make changes to the "content pane" and therefore need to duplicate it and move the old one to the pending list and make my changes to the new one.
Duplicating the sidebar also duplicates all of its content. Now I have to do some reconfiguration of almost all my widgets because they were inside the sidebar.

Is there no way to use the exact same widget in another layout widget? so I don't have to maintain several copies of my widgets?

However, when I finished the medium screen mode, I thought it wouldn't need much change for the small screen mode. But the small screen mode has the large screen layout and I can't figure out how to get it to use my medium screen configuration. Is there any way to do that? Or do I really have to redo all the changes and end up with 3 different copies of all my widgets that I have to maintain separately?

Is there no way to use the exact same widget inside another layoutwidget? so I don't have to maintain a lot of copies of my widgets?

However, when I was done with the medium screen mode I thought it would not need much change for the small screen mode. But the small screen mode has the large screen layout and I can't find out how to make it use my medium screen size configuration. Is there anyway to do that? Or do I really have to make all the changes again and end up with 3 different copies of all my widgets that I have to maintain separatly??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MattiasEkström 

For layout widgets, when a custom layout is enabled, they are no longer linked to the original widgets; you can simply change the docking side of the sidebar on the middle screen without affecting the large screen.

We'll try to enhance this feature to make it more obvious.

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

It would be great if it was possible to make same the changes to medium and small screen at once, or maybe "import" settings from medium to small or vice versa.

0 Kudos