Scatterplot in experience builder flashes not selected location

08-25-2023 09:46 AM
ArianaMo1912
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am adding a trigger to my scatterplot so I choose a point on a scatterplot, it flashes it's location on the map.

Users are prompt to select the points on map first, then they are graphed on the scatterplot.

Most of the time flashing works properly. However, sometimes it flashes multiple locations that are not selected on the map at all.

Did anyone have this issue? I moved all additional layers from my map, and downsized the data, however I still get this issue sometimes.

I attached the video (probably there is a better way of adding a video)

Any ideas?

3 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @ArianaMo1912 ,

Thanks for sharing the problem. Some questions: 
1. Does the field "tot_conc" (you used to connect data in trigger/action) has unique value?  Do the multiple points from the layer "Legacy Contaminant.." have same "tot_conc" value? 

2. Do Chart widget use the same datasouce as the map? 

Thanks,

Wei

0 Kudos
ArianaMo1912
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response @WeiYing1 

To answer your questions:

1) I want to make sure I understand your question. I attached the screenshot with the table - so the field "tot_conc" has unique values, but it might have same value, like 0. Other values should be unique, but I am not sure as I have about 50000 values. Is that what you are asking?

2) Yes, the map widget has a map with the layer that is also used in the chart widget.

Thank you!

Arina

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @ArianaMo1912 ,

Thanks for sharing more details. If Legacy Contaminant - "tot_conc" has multiple same values, then it should be as expected that sometimes it flashes multiple locations on the map when you select from scatter plot. 

The idea of trigger / action field condition is to much the features with the same value of a common field. Even if you only select one point in scatter plot, it matches other features on the map who has the same field value ("tot_conc"). 
So you may check if those flashed locations have the same value of "tot_conc". 

Thanks,

Wei  

0 Kudos