ArcGIS Explorer 2500 discussion

06-27-2012 05:19 PM
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor
Questions and comments in regards to ArcGIS Explorer 2012 beta and the ArcGIS Explorer 2500 release.

thanks,
ArcGIS Explorer Team
0 Kudos
158 Replies
Edwin
by
New Contributor
Hi

We are using ArcGIS Explorer 2500, and identified that when you add layers to a map (using direct connection or by using ArcSDE service) opens a connection for each of the layers added.

Our environment:
Database Server
RDMS: Oracle 11G R2
Geodatabase: 10.1 SP1
SO: Linux Red Hat Enterprise Server 5.7

Thanks for the help

Edwin
0 Kudos
DustinDunnill
Occasional Contributor
Update.

Looks like this was in fact a firewall issue.  Our IT Division researched it a little and had my Login "white listed" on our network and it seems to have solved the problem.

Yay fast Bing maps!
0 Kudos
JaredDoke1
New Contributor II
I previously had the beta version of ArcGIS Explorer desktop installed and I uninstalled so that I could get the latest version (2500). I have .net 3.5.1 installed and my computer meets all the requirements for installation. When I attempt to install it, I get this message:[ATTACH=CONFIG]32325[/ATTACH]

Customer service/tech support won't assist since I don't have a customer number. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
JohnNowlin
Occasional Contributor II
What Operating System is this?
0 Kudos
TonyAlfredsson
New Contributor
System Requirements test say pass but still get unsupported OS while installing.

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Is this a known issue, any known workaround?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33466[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33467[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor
System Requirements test say pass but still get unsupported OS while installing.

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Is this a known issue, any known workaround?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33466[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33467[/ATTACH]

Yes you can workaround the problem by using the .msi to install, see this thread.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/88885-Installing-ArcGIS-Explorer-2500-on-Windows-8.1-preview
0 Kudos
MichaelGlöckner
New Contributor
Hi,
Today we got heavy problems with drawing - caching.
We have an file geodatabase, one polygon layer in it. It´s color is purple. We make an query and get an new polygon layer.
Because we created this layer, we can change the colour of this layer. So i change it to orange.
BUT! The new colour is shown only in some map scales. When I zoom in or out - the color changes. Sometimes i get polygons which are half orange, half purple - see attachment. You will see the same polygon in several map scales.
Deleting the cache doesn´t help. Nor does the auto-refresh in source data options of the layer.

And there are better things - we took a newer version of the geodatabase and made the query again - it happens, that not only the colors are wrong, but also the shapes themselves - they are shown from the old database, even if it was deleted and replaced by a newer one.

Any solutions?

Thank you
Michael Glöckner
0 Kudos
AchilleasDrosos
New Contributor III
Anyone from esri to post a solution to problem on windows 7 and vista ? which update is the one that causes the problem ?

:mad:
0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi,
Today we got heavy problems with drawing - caching.
We have an file geodatabase, one polygon layer in it. It´s color is purple. We make an query and get an new polygon layer.
Because we created this layer, we can change the colour of this layer. So i change it to orange.
BUT! The new colour is shown only in some map scales. When I zoom in or out - the color changes. Sometimes i get polygons which are half orange, half purple - see attachment. You will see the same polygon in several map scales.
Deleting the cache doesn´t help. Nor does the auto-refresh in source data options of the layer.

And there are better things - we took a newer version of the geodatabase and made the query again - it happens, that not only the colors are wrong, but also the shapes themselves - they are shown from the old database, even if it was deleted and replaced by a newer one.

Any solutions?

Thank you
Michael Glöckner

If the layer name in the table of contents is really long it will cause display issues.  The name will be the query in your case, so it is possible that this could be the problem.  Once the drawing error occurs, it will continue to occur in the current Explorer session.  To work around this, rename the layer to a shorter name (less than 100 characters should work).  Save the layer or save the map, Exit / shutdown explorer and add the layer with shorter layer name or open the map with shorter layer name and the polygon symbol should display correctly.

-mark
0 Kudos