Call ArcGIS Explorer Extension methods from ArcGIS Explorer Button Addin

09-03-2014 12:55 PM
CodyScott
Occasional Contributor

I am wondering if anyone might be able to provide some guidance on accessing methods/properties from an ArcGIS Explorer Extension addin.

Currently the addin is loaded when the applications runs, then it creates connections to a number of datasets.

Since i have a number of different addins that all reference the same data, i would like to create only a single connection to the data, hence the extension class.

What i am having troubles with is getting access to the extensions methods/properties from my other Addins.

Would anyone have any recommendations on how to potentially connect and obtain these items from an already loaded extensions addin?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GregoryRoss
New Contributor II

This is something I do all the time.

See: http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=184&f=2208&t=297883

There is an example solution in the link. Let me know if you need more information.

CodyScott
Occasional Contributor

FIrst. You da real MVP.

Seconds. This works for extension classes too? Would I basically define the item as public static in the onstart method?

cheers!

0 Kudos
GregoryRoss
New Contributor II

Yep. Just make sure to add the Extension class to your Button class' project dependencies (or add the reference manually). If you have them both in the same solution check your build order also.

Then just reference your Extension class by name in your Button class. Something like: ExtensionAddin.ClassName.ClassMethod.

0 Kudos