Custom Basemap

08-19-2010 09:31 AM
TimHayes
Occasional Contributor III
When I set up a custom basemap using version 1200, I save it, close the app, and re-open it. I choose the basemap I made, it shows up as a really really tiny dot in a white screen. I then need to zoom in and zoom in to get to appear at the scale I want. What gives? I set the projection parameters in ArcGIS Explorer to the same as my basemap. Other default basemaps work fine.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Timothy,

That's a odd issue, and one I've not heard before. When you save a map (whether as a basemap or a regular map) the extent is saved. The only way I can imagine this issue arising is through some combination of steps where you save the basemap in for example WGS1984 and Lat/Long coordinates were used and you then switched to using WGS1984 Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere in you actual map which uses metres as it's units. I've tried to reproduce this with the 1500 release and unfortunately I cannot.

My advice at this point would be that we're so close to the release of version 1500 that it would be worth contuing your testing of other areas of the application for your purposes then check for this issue again in 1500.

Regards

Mike
0 Kudos