Direct Connect not working with Data Expansion Pack for 1700?

07-08-2011 11:32 AM
DavidCarpenter
Occasional Contributor
Can someone confirm that they have been able to create a Direct Connect to SDE using the Data Expansion Pack for 1700 please.

I have ArcGIS Explorer 1700 and Data Expansion installed on my PC (which also has ArcGIS Desktop v10 on it) and Direct Connect works.....but on my other laptop without ArcGIS Desktop and at least 3 other users computers again without ArcGIS Desktop Direct Connect will not work from ArcGIS Explorer 1700.  I can connect using the traditional SDE connection parameters but not Direct Connect.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterLindstrom
Occasional Contributor
I've successfully connected using direct connections to SDE in build 1700, but I've had other problems that seem so far not to occur when I connect to a service/port number - see http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/34077-AGX-1700-crashes-with-multiple-3D-SDE-layers.

Make sure you have SQL Server Native Client installed on the client - might as well use the 2008 R2 version because it includes all of the older versions as well.
0 Kudos
BrianLocke
Occasional Contributor II
I had the same issue than I installed the native client and wah! LA! works fine ever since
0 Kudos