Image display problem

07-06-2011 10:16 AM
CynthiaErhardt
New Contributor
EDIT: I believe this may be a rasterization problem. After converting the shapefiles to raster, I am getting the streaks, and when I sum the raster images, the problem is amplified. I have double checked. and the values are NOT correct over the top right region of the map. The values are corresponding to the "color values" that are actually not correct in that area. Can anyone help me solve this problem? I have this same problem with 3 different data sets.

Regards,
Cyndi
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CynthiaErhardt
New Contributor
I have contacted the organization that supplied the data sets to check if there were problems with the data, and they have confirmed the data is correct. The images are correct as shapefiles, but the problem is introduced when I convert to raster.
0 Kudos
CynthiaErhardt
New Contributor
I think I've come across the solution to this. Before converting to raster, I have dissolved the shapefile's same values.  I then converted the dissolved shapefile to a raster, then summed the rasters using the raster calculator. I am still not sure why this problem was here to begin with, but hopefully this approach has gone around the issue.
0 Kudos