Query - Double Click Popup not working

09-15-2011 04:33 AM
JosephMiller2
New Contributor
I have shapefiles and layer packages loaded into my ArcGIS Explorer desktop.  With the shapefiles I can double click a location on the map and a blue popup window appears that gives me the record in the shapefile attribute table that corresponds to that location.  Extremely convenient and one of the key bits of functionality that I require.

BIG PROBLEM: However, when I attempt to double click on the map on a layer package that I have loaded, nothing at all happens.

If I load the shapefile instead of the layer package I can successfully double click and get attributes.  BUT I cannot display a multiple class legend for that shapefile (hence the necessity of doing a layer package).

Am I doing something wrong or have I just touched upon a limitation of the software as it is currently designed?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrianLocke
Occasional Contributor II
Make sure that when you are saving your Lry files that you have  HTML Popups on in ArcMap 10.

the same can be done in ArcGlobe
0 Kudos
JosephMiller2
New Contributor
Thanks Bryan.  I am running v.9.3.1  I will check on the HTML popups.  Do you know offhand where I'm likely to find this setting option?

Make sure that when you are saving your Lry files that you have  HTML Popups on in ArcMap 10.

the same can be done in ArcGlobe
0 Kudos
JosephMiller2
New Contributor
Ok, I got it.  Many many thanks!  It works like a charm now.

Thanks Bryan.  I am running v.9.3.1  I will check on the HTML popups.  Do you know offhand where I'm likely to find this setting option?
0 Kudos