Query/ Query Plus Issue

Jump to solution
01-13-2012 03:59 PM
DustinDunnill
Occasional Contributor
I am using layer packages and can't seem to figure out why I cannot select some of them in the Query or QueryPlus add in drop down menus.  Is there some sort of setting I'm missing when creating the .lpk for each feature when I author?

Please see attached image showing all of my contents in the map but not showing all of them in the QueryPlus selection drop down:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11176[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the help
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyBailey
New Contributor II
I found that the Query tool does not work if your 'layers' are grouped within folders. So I guess you need to keep the layers you may want to query on under the main view only. Perhaps there is another answer but thats what it seems like for me.
I just learned that the query and queryplus add-ins do not support "layer packages" and the developer noted that he did not intend to modify the tool to do so. Which is really a bummer since using layer packages seems to be the only or at least best way to symbolize and label you map features. I hope to see if we can develop an add-in that allows you to generate a query and zoom to the individual features selected with the query. Its baffling to me that a Find feature by attribute tool is not part of the ArcGIS Explorer package. For all the things that it does well its odd that something so basic is missing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DustinDunnill1
New Contributor
Any Ideas?
0 Kudos
WoodyBailey
New Contributor II
I found that the Query tool does not work if your 'layers' are grouped within folders. So I guess you need to keep the layers you may want to query on under the main view only. Perhaps there is another answer but thats what it seems like for me.
I just learned that the query and queryplus add-ins do not support "layer packages" and the developer noted that he did not intend to modify the tool to do so. Which is really a bummer since using layer packages seems to be the only or at least best way to symbolize and label you map features. I hope to see if we can develop an add-in that allows you to generate a query and zoom to the individual features selected with the query. Its baffling to me that a Find feature by attribute tool is not part of the ArcGIS Explorer package. For all the things that it does well its odd that something so basic is missing.
0 Kudos
DustinDunnill
Occasional Contributor
I see.  Yes it looks like it is only seeing layers that are not in sub folders and they are .lpk's so it doesn't work.  Thank you for the info.
0 Kudos