Route Event Layers and I/O Errors

Jump to solution
06-27-2012 10:09 AM
Occasional Contributor III
Hello!  I have a group of users in an annex building who get near constant I/O Network Errors--but only when working with Route Event Layers.  The Event Tables and the Routes are in SDE, on a server in our HQ building.  The HQ users do not experience the errors.  So must be a network congestion problem, right?  Network analyses report that it's not a congestion problem, and it only happens with Route Event Layers.  How can I troubleshoot this?  I have at least 15 users who are unable to do their work due to this problem, and the number is increasing.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hello!  This turned out to be the auto-tuning which, by default, is ON in Windows 7.  Auto-tuning was OFF by default in XP.  Once we turned auto-tuning off on all W7 computers, the issue disappeared.  Hope that helps someone out there!

PS--the info on default settings came from my IT group; I don't know for certain that it is the same for everyone.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Hello!  This turned out to be the auto-tuning which, by default, is ON in Windows 7.  Auto-tuning was OFF by default in XP.  Once we turned auto-tuning off on all W7 computers, the issue disappeared.  Hope that helps someone out there!

PS--the info on default settings came from my IT group; I don't know for certain that it is the same for everyone.
0 Kudos