Showing your own DockWindow Addin on startup

06-29-2010 06:59 AM
SimonFisher
Occasional Contributor II
I have written a custom addin (DockWindow) and using the ArcGIS Explorer Application Configuration App added the addin to a new button in a new panel and made it the default (first opened) panel.  I am wondering if anyone has successfully written code or been able to get ArcGIS Explorer to automatically open their Dock Window Addin consistently on startup of Explorer?  It seems when I deploy to other users using an application configuration file (.ncfg) and a .nmf file my custom addin dock window does not open at startup, even though I saved the .nmf with my window open and pinned.  I have also tried creating an Extension in my addin which overrides the OnStartup() and tries to display the dock window, but without success.  Has anyone achievd this, or have any suggestions?

Thanks
Simon
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Simon,

There's some information on this topic in a previous forum thread (http://forums.esri.com/thread.asp?t=297883&f=2208&c=184) - here's the salient bit:

"showing a dockable window programmatically is not supported - there is no access to the application framework to automate the UI - the user controls the application framework. If you want to show a form from another form, perhaps you can consider using a separate windows Form (ideally this would be a modal form as it would not be dockable as part of the application - something like the existing wizards for adding data, or the Manage Layers dialog).".

Regards

Mike
0 Kudos
SolomonPulapkura
Occasional Contributor III
I am trying to open a DockWindow from  a AGX Gallery Item. They are all part of the same add-in. Is this possible?
0 Kudos