cannot display symbology unique values

03-27-2013 01:03 PM
DanielMeinen
New Contributor
I created an ArcGISOnline map earlier this month with point data using symbology that was configured using Unique Values.

However, when I go to create a new map now, I cannot get Unique Values to show up using the exact same data as before. The program just spins and it is unable to come up with any kind of unique symbology.

Is there something wrong with my setup? Is there something wrong with ArcGISOnline?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PierreLarondelle
New Contributor III
We encounter exactly the same issue, all our maps based on unique values symbology are actually not updatable which begins to be seriously annoying as we are providing daily updated information to citizens ...

Tried with 3 different browsers, under several OS, nothing to do.
Hope someone will solve this asap.
0 Kudos
JenniferAboaf
New Contributor III
I am chiming in because I am experiencing the exact same problem. I am using Firefox, latest version. I created the shapefiles with Desktop, v. 10.1 SP 1.

If someone from ESRI can check this out please ~ it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jennifer
0 Kudos
PierreLarondelle
New Contributor III
Don't think ESRi will solve the problem. Too few complaints, the Explorer is delivered "as is" and ... it's free.

The workaround I use : Defining the unique values in ArcGIS Webmap, saving the map with the new layer off, opening the map in Explorer, switching the new layer on and then finalizing the layer's update (fields, popups, ...).
It raises the risk of errors during the sites switching and is whatever a waste of time but if you can't wait ESRI's good will, it will do the job.

Have fun !
0 Kudos
JenniferAboaf
New Contributor III
Thanks for the advice! Actually, I ended up trying that on a whim, and it worked out pretty well. The only negative is that arcgis.com reorders the layers, which need to be reordered again when moving back to Explorer. For some reason, Explorer has a better interface and is more full featured ~ it is too bad it's not currently being supported. I'm using it for an educational project, so I really need a good "free" resource for this map.
Don't think ESRi will solve the problem. Too few complaints, the Explorer is delivered "as is" and ... it's free.

The workaround I use : Defining the unique values in ArcGIS Webmap, saving the map with the new layer off, opening the map in Explorer, switching the new layer on and then finalizing the layer's update (fields, popups, ...).
It raises the risk of errors during the sites switching and is whatever a waste of time but if you can't wait ESRI's good will, it will do the job.

Have fun !
0 Kudos