Error reprojection shape

05-23-2012 03:14 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: emmarita

I've got a polygonal shape in Monte Mario Italy 2.
When i add it to my map in Arcgis Explorer Online, the features are in the wrong position (see image attached): the red feature i drew is in the right place, the green feature is from my shapefile.
The prj is defined in the txt attached.
The same error occurs when i use ArcGis Explorer (desktop), but i partially solved changing the 'trasformation' in 'map properties-2D coordinates system'.
It means that in this way i have my shape correctly projected, but when i change the basemap, the errors occurs again.
In ArcGis Explorer Online i don't know how to solve this problem.
All that doesn't occur in ArcMap, every basemap i load, my shapefile in Monte Mario Italy 2 is correctly reprojected.
Thank's for any help.
Emmarita
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: sgill

Hi - I think that for the coordinate system you posted, the transformation used will be 1660 Monte_Mario_To_WGS_1984_4, best average for Italian mainland.

If you want more control over the transformation, I would recommend (seeing as you mentioned using ArcMap) that you reproject the shapefile to the Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere (WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere
WKID: 3857) coordinate system before you import into ArcGIS Explorer Online, and choose the transformation that you prefer to use there when you reproject.
0 Kudos