sharing with groups

02-13-2012 03:08 AM
PaulLohr
Occasional Contributor III
There seems to be a problem when selecting which groups to share a map with. If I check a group near the bottom of the list, an additional unwanted group is automatically selected somewhere near the top of the list. Tested on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 8. The problem only exists in ArcGIS Explorer Online - the problem does not exist in ArcMap.com interface.

Paul Lohr
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShellyGill2
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for reporting this bug, we'll address this in the next release.

From my testing, I found this only affects the sharing dialog when you have a scrollbar in the groups listbox, as there are too many groups to see initially. I also found that when you share with the last group in the list, although the checkbox for the first group in the list initially appears as checked, the item is not really shared with that first group - if you scroll up and down a bit, I find that the first box then gets cleared again (unless I do actually select it).
0 Kudos
FredMiller
New Contributor
Are group members allowed to share maps with the groups they belong to, or is this capability limited to group owners?
Is this a setting that can be adjusted in ArcGIS Online for Organizations.
Thanks for your help,
Fred
0 Kudos
ShellyGill2
Occasional Contributor
Yes, you can share a map with a group that you don't own but belong to. I'm afraid I dont know about the settings in organizations- maybe you can post a separate question in the beta forums for that.
0 Kudos