Unsupported webmap version number (1.4)

09-23-2011 10:28 AM
TravisEngstrom
New Contributor
Saving my web maps today in ArcGIS Online (9-23-2011) disabled access to the same maps when trying to open them in ArcGIS Explorer Online. Error message "Unsupported webmap version number (1.4).

Anyone have a solution or explanation?

Did ESRI forget to patch ArcGIS Explorer Online?
0 Kudos
14 Replies
JackZHANG
Occasional Contributor II
I had the same issue. Then found out it happens often if the map is created on ArcGIS.com. So I create the same map in ArcGIS Explorer Online and it works fine.
0 Kudos
ChandraMiller
New Contributor
I am getting an unsupported webmap version number (1.7) error.  I have tried clearing my browser history in IE8 and Chrome and everything I do is still giving me an error when I try to open up the map in ArcGIS Explorer Online.  Here is the link that is giving me the error http://maricopa.maps.arcgis.com/explorer/?open=4dd4b8b8195846f3a2e54bf876800508.

It is working fine in off of ArcGIS Online  http://maricopa.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=250351f578a944d7be981188066fa8dc.

I was reading the forums and noticed that the ArcGIS Explorer Online option was taken off in an update and then just added back.  Could this be causing my error.  I have never seen it before and my map was working in both of these formats last week when I was working on them.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Joeysmith
New Contributor
There must be something cached that's causing the older version.
0 Kudos
BurlingtonStrachan1
New Contributor
I am getting the error message re version 1.9.1 as well on one of my maps.  There are suggestions to clear the browser cache (which I have done with no success).  If there is a specific way this should be done (other than the browser clear cache option) could they be posted.

Burlington.
0 Kudos
tomgray1
New Contributor

I'm getting the error referencing
ver 2. for only one of my maps beginning yesterday.  I was in the same map 2 days before making data additions and edits without problem.  Other maps open without problem.  Tried accessing in IE 9, firefox and opera with the same results.  Cleared cache in IE but no change.

0 Kudos