Workaround for Default Value in Queries?

04-25-2012 07:42 AM
SarahSchwarzer2
New Contributor II
Hi there,

I'm trying to build a general 'AND' query for my map that will allow users to locate a polygon in the map using a number of parameters. The inability to leave the default value blank seems to be a huge drawback, because in order to allow the users to enter only the parameters they wish to they will need to delete whatever default value I've had to enter. I tried having a note in query title to delete all unused fields, but it does not fit in the display. The same thing happens when putting a note AS the default value. Is there some character that can be used in the place of a value that will effectively be a blank?

We'd like people to be able to query the attributes of our file using the information they're looking for like site name, county, division, HUC, mitigation type, or any combination of attributes. Building a separate query for each would be inefficient for our purposes, since it wouldn't allow them to narrow down the results based on other attributes. We're using ArcGIS Online for Organizations if that's helpful information, but the map isn't shared so I can't include a link.

Thanks for any assistance or information!

Sarah Schwarzer
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SarahSchwarzer2
New Contributor II
I could mention that this is with ArcGIS Online for Organizations. Anyone have any information?

thanks,

Sarah
0 Kudos