ArcGIS Explorer for iPhone support attachments?

Jump to solution
10-31-2014 02:02 PM
LaneHowerton
New Contributor III

Can anyone tell me if ArcGIS Explorer for iPhone supports attachments from an enterprize Db shared to ArcGIS Online? I can see them from the AGO viewer but not from Explorer.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Build your webmap using that URL.

buildwebmapwithurl.png

Configure the popup, save the map, and see if the Attachments are listed in the popup.

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Lane,

How did you share your enterprise DB with ArcGIS Online?

I shared one from ArcMap by Publishing a Service  (Feature Service) to my organization.   I created a web map with ArcGIS online and opened the map in Explorer for ArcGIS on the Iphone, and the Feature attachement was accessible.  In my case it was a .jpg image and clicking on it in the attribute list displayed the image on the phone.

Mark

0 Kudos
LaneHowerton
New Contributor III

Mine was a map service with two attached tiffs and a jpg per water valve.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

When you create your web map, if you add the layer from web and put in the full rest URL to the layer when you author the webmap,  ex..http://  sampleserver1.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/TaxParcel/AssessorsLiveLayers/MapServer/1http://sampleserver1.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/TaxParcel/AssessorsLiveLayers/MapServer/1

enterfullurltolayer.png

Configure the Popup, save the map.    Opening the map in Explorer on the Iphone may show the links to the attachments.  (it worked in my test)

I reproduce what you were seeing with attachments or rather not seeing when I added the service to the map by "Searching for layer" and entering my server, and adding the layer from the list.  When I entered the full url to the layer as pictured above, the attachements were accessible in Explorer on the Iphone.

Note the the URL above does not have any attachments it is just an example of what I mean by full URL to the layer.

For your map you can get the full URL by clicking description on the menu.

mapviewer description.png

From the Service rest endpoint click on the layer, and copy the full URL from the browser address.

clicktogeturl.png

Mark

0 Kudos
LaneHowerton
New Contributor III

Hmmm. I think I did add from the Add>Search for layers. I'll give your method a try.

Will let you know.

I just discovered that my attachments work as is in the old ArcGIS app, but not in Explorer.

Thanks,

Lane

0 Kudos
LaneHowerton
New Contributor III

Removed and added my Map Image Layer back using Add Layer From Web. Reconfigured my Popup. I can see the attachments both in my Safari browser, IE, and old ArcGIS app but still not in Explorer.

The data is in an Enterprise SQLServer 2008 GeoDb running ArcGIS Server 10.2.0 with WebAdapter.

0 Kudos
LaneHowerton
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi Lane,

Thanks for reporting this issue - we are looking into it now.

I was able to work around this issue with the "Add Layer from Web" if i specified the URL to the maps service layer (0) as opposed to the Map Service Root.

i.e

Using this URL worked:  https://gis.mono.ca.gov/arcgis/rest/services/MapServices/Mailboxes/MapServer/0

This didn't:                      https://gis.mono.ca.gov/arcgis/rest/services/MapServices/Mailboxes/MapServer

Can you try "Add Layer from Web" again and make sure to specify the layerid in the URL?

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Heather

0 Kudos
LaneHowerton
New Contributor III

I'll check that out.

0 Kudos
LaneHowerton
New Contributor III

My layers are like Jeff stated below in a published .mxd.

I tried changing the URL to the service with both a 0 and 5 (only layer that currently contains attachments) but no luck.

I didn't remove and add the layer back. I just edited the existing layer's URL. Would that make a difference?

0 Kudos