Explorer App Problems Signing In

Jump to solution
07-17-2014 11:11 AM
ThomasFurcron
Occasional Contributor

@Explorer App Problems Signing In:

We have been using the Explorer App on an iPad Air.  We have see a few instances over the past couple of weeks were it will just not finish Signing In, it just keeps spinning.  It was previously logged in and try's to login again automatically.  So I know the password is correct.

Is this happening to anyone else?  Or is it a know issue?  

Tom

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Tom,

I should have been more clear in my original post. We are working through the issue right now and our working assumption is the problem resides with the latest update to Explorer on the iOS platform. More specifically it is how the update works with other builds of Explorer that have been previously installed on your device.

You will have to uninstall Explorer on your device and reinstall the latest version of Explorer from the app store to fix the issue.

-Brent

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Tom,

We are noticing this problem with the latest iOS update. It is related to token expiration in previous releases of Explorer on iOS . It is currently being investigated and I will update this thread when more information is known.

To get around this issues please uninstall the app from your device and reinstall the latest version of Explorer for the Apple App store. This should not take too long as it is an iOS app and this will clear out your application settings.

Thanks for your patience,

-Brent

0 Kudos
ThomasFurcron
Occasional Contributor

Brent,

Which update are you talking about from Apple?

We have had issues with 7.1.2 (I think came out in June 2014)
and the previous 7.1.1. 

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Tom,

I should have been more clear in my original post. We are working through the issue right now and our working assumption is the problem resides with the latest update to Explorer on the iOS platform. More specifically it is how the update works with other builds of Explorer that have been previously installed on your device.

You will have to uninstall Explorer on your device and reinstall the latest version of Explorer from the app store to fix the issue.

-Brent

0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Thomas Furcron,

Just wanted to let you know we have addressed this issue and an updated version of Explorer is in the iOS and OS X app stores.

iOS: Explorer for ArcGIS on the App Store on iTunes

OS X (Mac): Mac App Store - Explorer for ArcGIS

With these latest versions the problem described above should be addressed.

Thanks for your patience,

-Brent