ArcGIS Field Maps on IOS broken after update

10-26-2023 01:02 PM
RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

After last update on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 ArcGIS Field Maps on IOS dones not work anymore, for non-english languages because special caracteres like ç é ã õ , on Android is like it don't check those characters

bellow the error on log in the app:

failed to load with error: Error Domain=com.esri.arcgis.runtime.error Code=2 "Invalid argument." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=UTF8 contains invalid characters, NSLocalizedDescription=Invalid argument., Additional Message=UTF8 contains invalid characters}

I don't know what to do, they are just ignoring my workforce organization completely stoped, is esri trusted after that ?

9 Replies
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi @RenatoTeixeira1 

Are you referring to the recent update to Field Maps v23.3 or to another update made to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1?

When do you encounter that error above? Just when opening the map? Does the layer fail to load?

Thank you

-Kevin

0 Kudos
RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

Hello @KevinBurke 

I believe in the last update in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1

There are exactly relate from another users

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-questions/special-characters-in-layer-name-prevent-l...

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-questions/arcgis-server-11-1-accent-not-properly-enc...

The behavior is: on IOS, access editable map, and the insert button just spinning forever, layers in the layers list: failed to load layers.

In the Android, works, but special characters (ç é ã õ ) shows broken (that chacarters is in utf-8)

Looking into field maps app log we a facing the follow error:

24/10/2023 12:04 Layer (Rascunho de Relatorio) failed to load with error: Error Domain=com.esri.arcgis.runtime.error Code=2 "Invalid argument." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=UTF8 contains invalid characters, NSLocalizedDescription=Invalid argument., Additional Message=UTF8 contains invalid characters}

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi @RenatoTeixeira1 Thank you for the information.

And just for clarification, you're using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 and not 11.1. Is that correct?

The posts you mentioned above refer to the users upgrading to 11.1 and seeing this behavior. There was a patch that was released to address that issue. Here is a link to that patch for 11.1 - https://support.esri.com/en-us/patches-updates/2023/arcgis-server-11-1-map-service-and-custom-data-f...

However I am not familiar with this being an issue at 10.9.1.

I just tested with a map that contained a layer named Point é on iOS and the layer loaded fine using 10.9.1. 

Can you share a screenshot of the layer failing to load in Field Maps?

Can you also share more details related to the update that you installed?

Thank you

-Kevin

0 Kudos
RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

Thank you to check that error @KevinBurke  I send a PM with details.

we are using AGS Enterprise 10.9.1

RENATOTEIXEIRA1_0-1698752296837.png

KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Thank you for sharing that information @RenatoTeixeira1 . 

At this point this does not appear to be directly related to Field Maps, but rather 10.9.1 as you've stated. 

I will continue to look into this issue internally on my end and will follow-up when I have more information to share.

Thank you

-Kevin

0 Kudos
RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

Hi @KevinBurke ,

ESRI deliver a patch "arcgis server map and feature services security ..." on november, 11, but it don't fix special carecter error.

On Android version, that problem is still acurring, on the attributes with lists (aka domain), instead: é or ç, it register on database as �

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi @RenatoTeixeira1 

Which patch are you referring to that you installed?

I am not aware of the patch that addresses this issue having been released yet. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

Hey @KevinBurke , thank you for your quicly reply.

In the ArcGIS Enterprise Updates panel it was showed with the follow name: "arcgis server map and feature services security".

We made some testes but it don't fixed encode character error.

many of maps on field maps is inserting � character on database when we using android version, the same map on iOS works fine.

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Thank you for that information @RenatoTeixeira1. I just confirmed that the patch you installed does not include this fix. There will be another patch to address this in the coming weeks. I don't have an ETA, but will let you know when it's available.

0 Kudos