ArcGIS Workforce integration with Field Maps application

10-20-2023 02:37 AM
JuhaHaanpera
Esri Contributor

Hello hello,

I read here that ArcGIS Workforce will integrate more closely with the Field Maps application in the future. Do you have additional information about the key features, and how the integration is implemented? Will Workforce remain its own application, or are there plans to migrate the work control management tasks into the Field Maps application? Do you still have a rough release estimate of the schedule for when the integration will be implemented?

I ask because so many of our electricity, water network, gas, and district heating network customers use the workflows of the Field Maps and Workforce applications to manage and perform network field work under field conditions. I thought about the timetables for when we can implement migrations and integrations with new applications for our customers.

Thanks in advance and good luck with the application development work.

Regards, Juha

Here's a glimpse of the future integration:

What is planned for Field Maps?
In future releases, Field Maps will integrate the capabilities of ArcGIS Workforce and ArcGIS Navigator—bringing in assignment management and navigation. For more information on the Field Maps road plan, see What's new in ArcGIS Field Maps.

Tags (2)
5 Replies
LizArmstrong
Esri Contributor

Yes, you are correct that it is in our roadmap to bring the capabilities of ArcGIS Workforce into ArcGIS Field Maps. We are actively working on building this capability now. It will enable organizations to create prioritized to-do lists for field teams and provide visibility of the progress of work. This new solution will provide much greater flexibility and functionality than Workforce.

For now, Workforce will remain a separate, supported app at least through 2024. It is our intention to retire Workforce after we have ensured that the new capability meets the needs of our customers. When we announce its retirement, we will provide plenty of time for customers to migrate.

We plan to release the new capability next year. Please look for additional messaging to better indicate timelines and opportunities to test and provide feedback.

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks @LizArmstrong

When Workforce classic was replaced by the current iteration of ArcGIS Workforce there was a significant update to the underlying schema that required users to amend their data.

Will the introduction of workforce capabilities to ArcGIS Field Maps require similar data migration efforts for existing ArcGIS Workforce projects?

0 Kudos
PaulGiroux1
New Contributor III

@LizArmstrong , is there a public roadmap for this release. I'm actively using the; "create workforce project > hang Survey123 Connect off the front end for public reporting > extend the Assignments FC for use with Field Maps > Hang a new Field Map off of these new fields > link to it in workforce > Update assignment statuses as part of the field map workers duties, etc." hack so would be nice to know when I should start holding off on building these so I can jump on the new integrated release.

erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

@LizArmstrong -

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to jump on here.

It would be great if the new iteration of Workforce was significantly more flexible. For example, I have a well-established Work Order Request form built using Survey123. It would be fantastic if this could be integrated with Workforce to create assignments for staff to get notified about and then complete in the field from their mobile devices. 

Erica
0 Kudos
JuhaHaanpera
Esri Contributor

My colleague Ohto asks, Will Workforce still remain a separate license in the future, or will just ArcGIS Online or the Enterprise User license be sufficient in the future?

Thanks @LizArmstrong@JeffShaner, and partners for the additional information. These are helpful when we plan new deployment projects with customers and plan development projects for the coming year related to field work management, as well as execution in field operations with the Field Maps mobile application.