Attachments causing Field Maps to "refresh"

06-28-2023 01:50 PM
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

When creating a new point in Field Maps I choose the point type then take a picture (Select Ok) and then select the check(submit) and then the map appears to refresh and the point was never collected.

I have tried different maps, uninstalled/reinstalled field maps. Removed the tablet case, tried it indoors and outdoors. The tablet is a Samsung "Galaxy Tab Active Pro 5G". Android version 13, 64 GB memory (26 used) 4GB RAM. The Field Maps version is 23.2.0 Build 1440.

Field maps does work fine with both Samsung phones "Galaxy S20FE 5G" and iPhone 11.

I have no idea of what is happening, one difference between the Samsung phone and tab is the phone has 6GB Ram vs 4GB in the tablet.

I have a video of the issue attached below but had to zip it so it could attach. 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Updating this thread with a newer BUG number: 

BUG-000159710

If you are encountering this issue please reach out to Tech Support to get attached to this bug and provide details about the device(s) you are using and your general workflow.
Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
KathleenCSki
New Contributor III

I am tagging this as we are seeing similar issue on Samsung Galaxy 6 Tablets and Samsung Galaxy Phones models vary by user. It is not frequent, definitely intermittent. Once it happens, we have resolved by restarting device and returning to the app. Seems to clear thing up for a while. In some cases, they just simply stored a photo for later attachment, rather than doing a restart (We feel this not the best workflow, because you can miss things that need photos, then you move on and are no longer in the area to capture them). 

SandraDalton
New Contributor III

Can confirm that I have a user experiencing this on Samsung S21 FE as well.

The user is trying to take photos and attach to existing features, and the app 'refreshes' and loses the attempt to add the photo to the point being edited.

User has build 1460 on app version 24.0.1

MaryDuBose
New Contributor III

Responding to this thread to see if anyone has advice on which tablet to purchase for use with Field Maps? Since our Samsung Galaxy Tab A devices are suffering from the BUG-000137313 and crashing when we try to add photos, we need an alternative. Has anyone found a good option that they can recommend?

0 Kudos