Authentication Error frequency pops up on IOS

05-19-2022 11:47 AM
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have been using Field Maps mobile for about 8 months now on my IOS devices. Every once in a while (2-3 weeks or so) the application will frequently prompt a user to sign in repeatedly, every 1-2 seconds. The sign in credentials are correct, and it works on our Samsung devices for the most part. Just wondering if anyone has a solution to this.

Thanks!

24 Replies
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

Still having the same issues with new users as well, our only guess is that it has the user sign in individually for each layer in the map which does take a while to get caught up on. However, it doesn't seem to come up again for at least 3 to 4 months of use on the device. If we all reach out to tech support and make a case for it then it wold probably be a good step to make them ore aware of this bug.

Erika_ess
Esri Contributor

Hello! I recently helped a user with this same issue. The following worked for them:

1. Ensure all devices are updated
  2. As found in another EC post: Set Oauth to In App
0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I am also having the same issues everyone has noted above - IOS only AGOL login

@LizArmstrong 

0 Kudos
MikeDahm
Occasional Contributor

We are also having this problem.  We have a lot of people out in the field and it is not consistent.  It seems to impact one iPad for a period of time.

0 Kudos
Cacey_Wilken
New Contributor

My organization's field techs are also having this problem.  One had tried signing in six times with the popup immediately reoccurring.  She can't do any work in the meantime.  I'm going to try some of the above suggestions with her, but this is a big problem when we have techs working across 5M acres.

0 Kudos