Cannot Edit Features in Field Maps

06-08-2023 10:20 AM
OKCParksRecHolly
New Contributor II

I am working on a project where I go to all the parks in our city, and capture each asset we have at the park and all of that asset’s attributes.

I created surveys for the various types of assets (restrooms, sports complexes, playgrounds, facility furnishings [benches, tables, grills, etc]).

I then added the survey results layers to a web map.

Using this web map in Field Maps, I am able to create & duplicate new features, but I cannot edit features in Field Maps once they’ve been created. The option to edit is not available/does not appear when I select a feature on the map. I can view the details of a feature, and again, duplicate the feature and edit the new feature's details before submitting, as well as create new features entirely.

I know I used to have this capability with previous survey feature layers I’ve used in Field Maps, but I can’t figure out why this one is now allowing me to edit.

The layers all have editing properties turned on, and the map has “Use in ArcGIS Field Maps” checked within the Web Map settings.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

Have you checked whether you can edit existing features in the web map you're using with field maps? That would help narrow down whether the issue is specific to FieldMaps or if it is a broader issue.

0 Kudos
Anne_F
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Can you provide a screenshot of the "settings" of your Feature Layer? 🙂

Best,

Anne

0 Kudos