Does ArcGIS Field Maps support rendering ArcGIS Pro symbols?

08-29-2023 11:04 AM
JoeBryant1
Occasional Contributor III

I am publishing features from ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2 as a web feature layer (NOT a web map). My sewer lines need to show the digitized direction with an arrow to indicate flow. I have these symbols setup in Pro, and I would like their symbology to be retained when they are added to a Map Viewer web map and used in ArcGIS Field Maps.

Un-checking the Configuration Settings check box "Use symbol types compatible with all clients" does NOT preserve my symbology when viewing the feature layer in Map Viewer or Field Maps.

The Help icon says "When unchecked, some symbols are preserved as ArcGIS Pro symbols. Use this option if the web layer will be used in client applications that support rendering ArcGIS Pro symbols." (italics mine)

How can you determine which ArcGIS Pro symbols are supported in Field Maps, if any?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

Generally, complex lines and polygons are not support. It's been improved somewhat recently, but not to the extent of point symbols. Take a look at this article

Use Published 2D Symbols in ArcGIS Online (esri.com)

0 Kudos
JoeBryant1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the reply, Clay. Could you define what you mean by "complex"? Does that mean multiple symbology layers? Cartographic lines (dots and dashes)?

0 Kudos