Error in Field Maps When Deleting Feature - ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2

04-09-2024 07:37 AM
rlyding
New Contributor III

I am trying to determine if this is a bug with Field Maps, We are currently running ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2.

I get the following error when trying to delete a feature in Field Maps. After clearing the message the feature does seem to still delete and is no longer shown in the data.

fmError.PNG

The error happens when I have the same layer in my web map multiple times each being named/filtered/symbolized differently, but coming from the same feature service. For example I have one layer in the web map called Water Device - Valves symbolized and filtered to only show valve features this is also the layer that has a smart form and has editing enabled in the web map. I then have a second layer in the map called Water Device, and this is sourced from the same layer/service above, but editing is disabled on the layer in the web map. If I enable editing on the second layer the error message no longer occurs when deleting a feature in Field Maps.

The error only happens when deleting a feature in Field Maps, no errors when deleting a feature within the Map Viewer or a Instant App/Experience Builder App.

The Feature Service is a series of layers from a Utility Network enterprise geodatabase registered on the data store. It is published without the UN Network layer included. All editing rights are enabled.

unService.PNG     

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KathleenCSki
New Contributor III

If your second layer Water Device contains the Water Device - Valves, then you have told field maps that it is editable on this layer Water Device - Valves and it is not editable on Water Device layer. It's confused, because it cannot delete in both layers. 

If you exclude the valves from the non editable layer Water Device that may eliminate the error.

0 Kudos
rlyding
New Contributor III

@KathleenCSki Thank you for the response. I have a filter set on each of the layers to exclude the features of the opposing duplicated layer. I have also been able to achieve a similar setup in the AGOL environment with duplicate layers one set as edit and the other not and have no delete error. I am thinking it maybe an issue with how the UN services work or specific to portal environment field maps.

0 Kudos
KathleenCSki
New Contributor III

You may be correct. UN with all the data in network relationships which are not filtered, those may be fighting over control. I'm not yet in 11.2 so I can't take this much further for you.

0 Kudos