Field Maps Data Update Suggestions?

04-03-2024 10:46 AM
KansasDASC
New Contributor III

I have a GDB with a feature class with 6 related tables (published relationship classes). I'm building a form based on the hosted feature layer so that users can see the related table info in the app. Also, while building the form, i'll be adding new fields/elements for users to fill out.

I'm seeing issues in the update workflow, however. Since I'm adding fields to the form and in turn, to the feature layer, my source data won't have those created fields. When I update the GDB in AGO, it will break the form because it can't find the fields that I created through the form design. Any suggestions on the update process to be able to maintain the form integrity?

Also, the other issue is that I'm not finding a straightforward process for updating the GDB that feeds the FieldMaps form if I add more content to the GDB. When I do, the map tied to the form doesn't want to update to show the new layer/tables and if I remove it from the map completely, and re-add, it works, BUT it breaks the form connection and then I have to rebuild the form. Any help on workflows around this would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies