Field Maps Offline Areas randomly disappear from mobile devices

10-04-2023 10:52 AM
JulianWisch
New Contributor

Hello! I developed a Field Maps app for 6 mobile workers. These workers share a log in and work on respective Android devices when deployed in the field far a way from cell service. Because their work locations are deep in the wilderness, without any cell service for several months at a time, it is essential that the offline areas they downloaded prior will work throughout the entire time they are off-grid. I'm talking 2-4 months of time. However, we've found that the offline maps disappear from the worker's phones within a few days or a week or two. The "solution" to this is to simple re-download the map once re-connected to the internet/cell service. This is logical. However, our teams may be days or weeks away from taking a special trip to re-download the maps. The idea is to collect data offline over the course of a few months, then return to the internet and sync what they've collected. 

My main questions are this: Why do Field Maps offline maps randomly disappear from a user's phone? Does a shared log in have something to do with it? Do things get weird when some mobile workers are offline and some are online while using the app (again, shared log in)? Is there a way to save an offline map on each phone itself to keep it around long term? 

Thanks for any ideas on how to keep offline areas around and not to disapear on us!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is it maybe logging the users off?  I think it is 2 weeks then they get logged off - which then it would hide the offline I think.  Just a guess.

0 Kudos
BJ
by
New Contributor

Please check if you have automated app. or android settings clear up your app. cache or data.

0 Kudos